Red Arrow Weapons has just unveiled a new AR-10 pattern rifle chambered for the venerable .308 Win. cartridge designed around hunting and other applications.
Red Arrow Weapon’s new rifle has direct ties to Eugene Stoner’s AR-10 prototype, which was also chambered for the .308 Win. rifle cartridge. The original AR-10 predates the .223 Rem. versions which went on to evolve as the fully automatic M-16 family for the military and the semi-automatic AR-15. The .308 Win. cartridge itself is a product of mid-century refinement after ballisticians and engineers discovered they could get similar ballistics to the traditional 30-06 military cartridge with a shorter case, meant that the action could also be shorter as well. Unlike the original Stoner AR-10, the Red Arrow Weapons .308 Win rifle is built around a modern free floating upper receiver set and has an M-Lok handguard with seven inches of Picatinny rail section on top to mount an optic on the rifle. In addition to this, there is a smaller section of Picatinny rail on top at front of the handguard to mount a front sight or other accessory. Inside the handguard is a stainless-steel barrel with a 1:10 twist 18-inch barrel connected to a rifle length gas system.
Red Arrow Weapons .308 Win Rifle Specifications:
- Caliber: .308 Win.
- Action: Direct gas impingement semi-automatic
- Barrel: 18-inch barrel, 1:10 twist
- Barrel Material: Stainless steel
- Trigger: CMC 2.5 pound single stage
- Finish: Midnight bronze
- Handguard: 15 inch M-Lok rail
- Bolt Carrier: Melonite AR-10 style with multi-caliber bolt and DPMS-style barrel extension
- Safety Selector: Ambidextrous
- Pistol Grip: Magpul K stock
- Stock: Magpul ACS-L
- Muzzle Device: DB 10 Muzzle brake, 5/8×24 threads
- Magazine: 20 Round PMAG
The Red Arrow Weapons .308 Win Rifle has a starting retail price of $1691. For more information, please visit redarrowweapons.com.
Read the full article here